Installer: minimal requirements for server
Thin client hardware requirements
Virtual thin client
2. Run the installer as administrator / root user.
3. Follow the installation steps: Specify folders for the application (ca. 200 MB) and the Manager Home (contains configuration, client packages and user homes).
4. Configure your installation via the web interface at
Here you will configure:
After you've completed the configuration, the Manager Home will be initialized and all neccessary client packages will be downloaded.
Starting the Management Console
1. Open the web interface at
2. Start the Management Console via the menu entry Manage Thin Clients
3. Connect to LDAP-Realm of your openthinclient-Server
4. Enter credentials as configured (if using the installer) or as found in the README file (Virtual Appliance)
5. Select the LDAP-Realm
2. Find PXE client
Select "PXE clients" and click "Refresh" in the contex menu.
Choose your thin client in the list - verify that it has the correct MAC address.
3. Configure as ThinClient: Double click on the chosen PXE client and give it a name. Then assign location and hardware type.
4. Restart thin client: Your client will now boot the openthinclient-OS. You can login with the administrator account you've used to login to the openthinclient-Manager.